Choose Us for Water Heater Repair and Maintenance
Nothing’s worse than losing access to hot water, especially in the middle of a Seattle, WA winter. However, when something does go wrong, Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating and Air is here to help. We’re trusted throughout the region for electrical and HVAC work, and now we’re your partners for plumbing maintenance as well. We specialize in water heater repair and maintenance, ensuring you have access to warm water all year-round. Our team can assist you with everything from identifying the problem to keeping it from occurring again. Learn more about this useful plumbing service!
Recognizing the Need for Water Heater Repair
At Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating and Air, we understand homeowners aren’t quick to call for help. Most of us would rather try to fix the problem ourselves or wait it out until the issue goes away by itself. However, this typically isn’t the best solution for preventing future problems. We want our customers to be able to recognize the common signs of water heater issues and know when it’s time to call for help. If you notice any of the following issues, Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating and Air is just a call away:
- Lack of hot water: If you turn on the faucet and can’t get any hot water to come out, you could have a water heater malfunction on your hands. Try changing the temperature on the thermostat. If this doesn’t rectify the problem, you need assistance from our professionals.
- Rust: Don’t ignore rust buildup in your water heater tank! While this may not seem like an immediate problem, this rust can seep into your water and through your faucet. Further, rust is a sign that water is infiltrating places it doesn’t belong.
- Leaks: Noticing leaks coming from your water heater? Perhaps you’ve found pools of water around its base. One of our team members can visit your home and walk you through the repair process.
- Age: If your water heater is nearing 10 years old or more, it may be time to consider routine maintenance or replacement. By this age, malfunctions become more and more common, and your system may not be working efficiently.
Heed Our Expert Maintenance Tips
Water heater maintenance is a thought that often falls to the back of our minds. However, it’s crucial to keep this system up and running if you want to maintain access to hot water. Just like any other appliance, proper upkeep is essential to making sure your system lasts as long as possible. In addition to regular visits from your Seattle maintenance team, Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating and Air recommends the following measures:
- Keep the thermostat set at around 120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Drain a quarter of the tank a few times annually and clean out debris
- Test the temperature-pressure relief valve at least once a year
- Consider adding insulation to old water heaters
- Leave at least two feet of open space around the heater